Terms and Conditions
Gettsorted is an international freelance marketplace with clients all over the world. We work with a wide range of Buyers and Sellers and operate under our parent company, Uthink Multimedia Enterprise. Learn more about us here.
The following Terms of Service preside over the use of the Gettsorted website (gettsorted.com) or mobile application, hereinafter referred to as the Site, and every other digital resource including any content or services belonging to the organization. Gettsorted and our subsidiaries are generally referred to herein as "We" "Us" and “You” “Client” or “User” are used to refer to you as a user of the Site.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users, and others who access or use the Service. Please make sure to read our Terms carefully before you start to use the Site.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms, you may not access the Service.
Creating an account on Gettsorted, signing up for our Newsletters, or providing your details for any of our on-site services means that you, the organization, or any other entity you may represent have Accepted all our Terms of Service (including our Payment Terms, Privacy Policies, and Community Standards) and are legally mandated to oblige by them.
Some Key Gettsorted Terms of Service
Users: General term for all who use the platform.
Clients: General term for both our Buyers and Sellers (Sometimes used to refer to Buyers only).
Buyers/Clients: Users who visit the site to post gigs or employ freelancers.
Sellers/Freelancers: These are the Freelancers signed up on the platform and offer services at a fee.
Gig/Project: A gig is a job posted on the platform. They are sometimes referred to as Projects.
Order: This is used to refer to a gig/project that a Seller has begun working on.
Resolution Center: An on-site avenue created to help Buyers and Sellers settle any conflicts amicably.
Brief Overview of Our Terms
- The only way to buy or sell services on Gettsorted is by signing up first. Registration is free but you must ensure to provide complete, accurate, and updated information about yourself as requested on the Sign-Up forms. Find out How It Works.
- All Users are solely responsible for the security of and all activities on their accounts, and are subject to suspension or removal of their accounts should they go contrary to any of our accepted standards. Users face legal repercussions for any fraudulent or deceptive activity via their account on the Site. See more in our Community Standards.
- Buyers can post projects for free but are required to make full payment before the Seller commences work. Check out our Payment Terms for the details.
- The amount charged for a gig is ultimately determined by the Seller. However, Buyers are free to negotiate until a middle ground is attained.
- All Payments must be made via the methods provided on the Gettsorted platform and nowhere else. Find out more about this in our Payment Terms.
- Sellers are mandated to complete all gigs they take on and cannot cancel excessively or without tangible reason.
- The only way to gain credible ratings and a favorable spot on the list of Sellers is by completing gigs and meeting(and exceeding) Buyer expectations.
- Signing up for our newsletters entitles users to receive all our related bi-weekly emails.
- If our Resolution Center fails to help or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact our Customer Support department for assistance or Submit a Claim Report.
TERMS OF SERVICE
- You must first create a Buyer’s account to be able to post gigs or purchase services on Gettsorted.
- To post a gig/job, click the Post a Job button on the dashboard of your Buyer profile and fill out the forms to upload your project.
- You may only post or request services that are allowed on Gettsorted. i.e. Only services available on our Services lists may be requested.
- Buyers are not to make payment for services via any medium outside of the Gettsorted platform. If you are asked by a Seller to make payment through a different method, kindly report immediately to our Customer Support here. Failure to comply with this term is done at the Buyer’s own risk.
- Buyers should keep in touch regularly with their Sellers over the entire duration of the project via the Gettsorted Workspace.
- After the gig is completed and submitted by the Seller, Buyers must first crosscheck and when they find it satisfactory, Click on the Approve button on their dashboard to end the service and permit the release of Payment to the Seller.
- We encourage our users to settle disputes among themselves, but in case this fails, you may report any complaints via our Resolution Center.
- Gettsorted retains the right to use any publicly published completed projects for advertisements and or marketing.
- Buyers are responsible for checking to make sure that gigs submitted by Sellers are original and not plagiarized or do not break any copyright laws.
- To sell your services on Gettsorted, you must first create a Seller’s account.
- Sellers are encouraged to upload images of themselves and samples of finished works that showcase their skills on their profile to make them more attractive to Buyers.
- You may post the services you offer on the Gettsorted platform via the Post a Service feature on your Seller’s dashboard.
- A Seller may switch their account to a Buyer’s account to post a gig/project and vice versa.
- For every completed and submitted gig, Seller accounts are credited with 85-90% of the purchase amount of the gig depending on certain factors. See more on that here.
- Payments are released after the completed projects are submitted to and Approved by the Buyer. Find out more about payments in our Payment terms section below.
- For security reasons, Gettsorted may disable a Seller’s account temporarily to investigate fraudulent or deceptive behaviors reported by other users, payment/withdrawal concerns, or any other issues that may pose threats to the safety and security of the Gettsorted platform.
- Sellers are not to market their completed gigs or any Gettsorted content using Google Ads or any other advertisement platform.
- Sellers are rated by Buyers they have worked with. Their ratings are calculated based on the feedback from their clients on their general performance and customer service. Good ratings give Sellers better visibility on the site and higher chances of getting gigs.
- For security reasons, Gettsorted may disable a Seller’s account temporarily to investigate fraudulent or deceptive behaviors reported by other users or any other issues that may pose threats to the safety and security of the Gettsorted platform.
- Sellers must submit original works and avoid any form of plagiarism in the projects they take on. Submitting projects that go against copyright laws will subject the Seller to the legal repercussions meted out by the original owner and or the Buyer.
- Sellers are responsible for obtaining general liability insurance policies with sufficient coverage amounts to cover any and every risk associated with the performance of their services.
- Any user of the Gettsorted platform may post a gig or request for the service of freelancers by creating a Buyer’s account.
- Post a gig/project using the Post a Job feature on the Buyer dashboard. Fill in the series of blanks with the necessary information to provide enough details to potential Sellers.
- Once Buyers find a suitable Seller and reach an agreement on the price, Buyers must make full payment for the gig to Gettsorted before the Seller commences work on the project.
- Payments are held by Gettsorted until the project is completed, submitted, and approved by the Buyer.
Finished gigs/projects must be original and authentic. Sellers who submit gigs/projects that are plagiarized or break copyright laws will not be granted any payment. In a situation like this, the Buyer may be granted a refund or have another qualified Seller assigned to the project.
- When a Buyer is satisfied with a finished project, they are to Approve it on the Order Page for the payment to be released to the Seller.
- Buyers must thoroughly review the submitted projects before approving them. Once payment is released to the Seller, there is no longer the option for a refund.
- If the Buyer does not approve of the order after 8 days, the gig will be considered Approved and payment will be automatically released to the Seller.
Reviews and Ratings
After gigs are completed and submitted, the reviews and ratings left by Buyers will be displayed on the profiles and used to rate the quality of service of the respective Sellers.
Depending on the amount charged for a gig, Gettsorted is entitled to 8% or 12% of the total price. Learn more about this here.
- Order cancellations can be performed on GETTSORTED, when eligible, by Customer Support or through the Resolution Center per order.
- Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation of these Payment Terms. Doing so may get your account temporarily or permanently disabled.
- Once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
- If you encounter an issue related to the service provided in an order, you are encouraged to use the Site's dispute resolution tools to attempt to resolve the matter.
- Gettsorted, through its Payment Services Provider, reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.
- All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to the Buyer shall be subject to full payment and the delivery may not be used if payment is canceled for any reason.
- If an order is canceled (for any reason), the funds paid will be returned to the Buyer’s Balance.
- Revisions to deliveries can be performed by Sellers based on the Seller’s Gig and customer care. Sellers may determine the number of revisions they wish to offer, including no revisions.
- Requests for revisions can be performed through the Order Page while the order is marked as Delivered.
- Requesting to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.
- Gettsorted encourages Buyers and Sellers to resolve service disputes mutually using the Resolution Center.
- Eligibility for requests to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on several factors, including violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, general misconduct, and improper usage of the delivery system. See below for Order specific eligibility.
- Completed orders (or, where applicable, completed milestones) may be canceled, upon review by our Customer Support team, up to 14 days after the order (or Milestone) is marked as complete. Please be advised that orders cannot be partially canceled (i.e. we can only cancel the entire order when it is justified).
In rare circumstances where we find it appropriate, our Customer Support team may cancel a completed order even after 14 days have passed from its completion. In such cases, the amounts paid for the canceled order will be returned to the Buyer’s Gettsorted Balance and will be deducted from the Seller’s Gettsorted Balance or, if there are no sufficient amounts in the Seller’s Balance, from future revenues of such Seller.
- Orders are not eligible to be canceled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. You may rate your experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.
- You must use Gettsorted Resolution Center to address your concerns and desired resolution related to the service provided by their Seller before contacting Customer Support.
- Customer Support will not take any action against Orders where the applicant has failed to inform their Seller of issues related to the Seller’s service and will allow Sellers to provide a resolution first. This does not include non-permitted usage.
- Any non-permitted usage of Gettsorted during an Order, after being reviewed by our Customer Support team, may result in the order being canceled. This includes, but is not limited to; harassment, unlawful behavior, or other violations of our Terms of Service.
Our Customer Support will cancel orders based on, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Active orders (after requirements were submitted to the Seller and before the Seller delivers on Gettsorted).
- The Seller is late and unresponsive for more than 24 hours while the order is marked as Late.
Users are abusive towards the other party through threats of low ratings or leveraging order materials (such as logins, and personal information) against each other.
Users supplied or included copyright/trademark infringing materials as part of their requirements or the Seller’s delivery.
The user is no longer an active Gettsorted user due to Terms of Service violations or the closure of their account.
Delivered Orders (after the Seller clicks Deliver Now and before the order is marked as complete)
- The Seller uses the Delivery system to extend the delivery due date to complete the requested service without providing the final delivered service. Note that multiple reported offenses will result in permanent suspension of your account.
The Seller delivers no files and/or proof of work related to the agreed-upon order requirements. Note: The subjectivity of the materials in question will be reviewed by our Customer Support team.
The Seller requests additional payments, on or off the Gettsorted platform, by withholding the final delivery of services directly related to the agreed requirements.
The Seller is withholding the final delivery of services for improved ratings.
- Users who threaten to leave a damaging review to gain more services from the Seller not related to the agreed requirements.
Completed Orders (after the order is marked as complete and before the 14-day limitation)
- Users who have been reported to use copyright/trademark infringing materials after verification and with proof.
- Gettsorted Customer Support will review cases of Order delivery manipulation that prevents users from fully utilizing our Resolution Center that enabled the order to be marked as complete.
Gettsorted reviews cases of payment provider chargebacks and disputes on behalf of Sellers. Although results vary per case due to each chargeback reason, we work hard on resolving disputes in the Seller’s favor. If the chargeback case allows, Gettsorted (or one of our Payment Services Providers) will return parts or full revenue to Sellers, otherwise, the chargeback amount will be borne by the Seller.
- Gettsorted does not automatically refund payments made for canceled orders back to your payment provider. Funds from order cancellations are returned to the Buyer's Balance and are available for future purchases. As of January 1, 2023, Gettsorted returns service fees to your Balance once an order is canceled. In any event, if the service fees were not returned to your Balance following an order cancelation, such service fees’ amount will be exempted from your next purchase.
- Deposit refunds (i.e. refunds directly to your payment provider) can be performed by our Customer Support team, based on the Order’s original payment amount and currency. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund, which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee.
Creating a Buyer Account
- All users of the Gettsorted platform are mandated to create a Buyers account if they wish to actively use the platform for any purchases.
- Buyers are required to provide a series of personal information including their real names, (and the name of their organization if they represent one), an email address, and a recognized national ID. All information provided must be accurate and updated.
- To post a gig/project or request for the service of any Gettsorted freelancer, a Buyer must first post their order on the platform and ensure to provide specific and detailed information about the job.
- Buyers may negotiate with Sellers until both parties reach common ground on the price for the project.
- Buyers have absolute control over their accounts and are responsible for any and every activity on itthemGettsorted is not responsible for any mishap that may occur due to mishandling of passwords or any other issue of the sort.
Creating a Seller Account
- To create a Seller account on Gettsorted, users must provide their full name, email address, and clear, camera shot, front and back images of a recognized national ID card, among other requirements.
- For the safety and security of other users and the Gettsorted platform in general, all information provided by users must be accurate, updated and genuine.
- After providing accurate answers to all the questions, users will then be sent a verification email to confirm their identity, this is the last step of the account creation procedure.
- Once this process is complete, Sellers may now log into their account to begin personalizing it.
- Sellers are advised to upload a clear and sharp professional-like image of themselves for their profile picture, along with a simple but detailed bio on themselves and the skills they have to offer.
- Profile pictures are important as clients tend to find Sellers with profile images and clear bios naturally more committed and trustworthy as compared to those without.
- The platform also allows Sellers to upload sample projects on their profile to show potential clients what they can do. Sellers are again advised to post elegant samples that accurately display their capabilities as this is likely to increase their chances of employment by at least 50%.
- After fully setting up the account, Sellers may then proceed with confidence to post the services they offer and their acceptable price range to attract potential Buyers.
Deleting your Account
- We’d hate to see you leave. But if for any reason you wish to take down your account on the Gettsorted platform, the “Delete My Account” button can be found on your Profile dashboard, it is the last option on the list. This applies to both Buyers and Sellers alike.
- Once your account is deleted, all your information, including personal information, ratings and reviews, and every other data accrued by your account will be permanently removed from our website and database.
- Users are encouraged to give us brief feedback as to why they are deleting their accounts. Please endeavor to leave your feedback, we’re constantly working on improving.
Terms Under Which Accounts May Be Disabled
- Users may get their Buyer or Seller accounts suspended or permanently disabled due to:
- Provision of false information on the signup form. This offense is treated as a fraudulent attempt to compromise the safety and transparency of the Gettsorted platform and will lead to the account being immediately disabled when discovered.
- Consistent complaints of fraudulent or deceptive behaviors from other users.
- Fraud / Unlawful Use. Users may not use Gettsorted to conduct any unlawful or illegal transactions.
- Abuse and Spam. This includes creating multiple accounts, selling accounts, and targeting abuse, among others. Users may not create more than one account for themselves or sell their accounts to another user. You may also not abuse or harass any other users on the site.
Find out more about the violations and their consequences in our Community Standards section below.
We encourage all our Buyers and Sellers to try and settle disputes amongst themselves via the Gettsorted Resolution Center. However, should an amicable approach fail, or if a user encounters a non-permitted usage on the platform, they may contact our ever-ready Customer Support for assistance?
For more information about disputes relating to order cancellations or forfeits and refunds, please refer to the Payment Terms section below.
At Gettsorted, we aim to provide a secure and seamless payment experience for both our Buyers and Sellers. The following terms outline our payment policies and procedures.
- Freelancers will receive payment for completed work through the payment methods provided on the Gettsorted platform.
- Payments will be made in the currency specified in the job listing.
- Sellers will receive payment as soon as the Buyer approves the work.
- Gettsorted may deduct fees from the payment to cover platform fees, commission, and any taxes required by law.
- Buyer will pay for work through the payment methods specified on the Gettsorted platform.
- Payments will be made in the currency specified in the job listing.
- Buyers must submit full payment for the job before the Seller commences work. Gettsorted holds payment in escrow until the completed job is approved by the Buyer.
- If the Buyer disputes the payment, Gettsorted will review the dispute and make a final decision.
- If the client is unsatisfied with the work, they may request a revision. If the freelancer is unable to deliver the work as agreed, the client may request a refund.
- Gettsorted will review refund requests and make a final decision.
- Refunds may be subject to deductions for platform fees and taxes required by law.
By using the Gettsorted platform, you agree to these payment terms. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Support.
At Gettsorted, we are committed to creating a safe, respectful, and productive community for Buyers and Sellers to collaborate. Our community standards outline the expectations we have for all users of the Gettsorted platform.
Respect for Others
- Treat other users of the platform with respect, including freelancers, clients, and Gettsorted staff.
- Avoid using offensive language, hate speech, or discriminatory behavior.
- Do not engage in harassment or bullying of any kind.
- Provide accurate information when creating a profile or posting a job.
- Complete work as agreed upon with clients.
- Do not participate in plagiarism, copyright infringement, or other unethical behavior.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations. All laws governing your country still apply.
- Use Gettsorted only for lawful purposes.
- Do not post illegal or fraudulent job postings or engage in any illegal activities on the platform.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism when communicating and working with clients.
- Deliver high-quality work that meets (or exceeds) the client's expectations.
- Meet deadlines and respond promptly to client messages.
By adhering to these standards, we strive to create a productive, supportive, and enjoyable community for all members of the Gettsorted Community. Violations of these standards may result in suspension or termination of your account. If you have concerns about any member's behavior, please contact us at email@example.com.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL GETTSORTED, ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGES, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, LINKED WEBSITES, THE SITE'S CONTENT, SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR LINKED WEBSITES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES SUCH AS PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN, AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, PROFITS, BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, CAUSED BY TORT (NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THIS DOES NOT AFFECTCANNOT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
The term "Affiliate" mentioned in this document refers to an entity that either directly or indirectly has control over Gettsorted, or is controlled by Gettsorted, or is jointly controlled by Gettsorted. Control is defined as having more than fifty percent (50%) ownership of voting stock or other ownership interests or possessing the majority of voting rights of the entity.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
BY UTILIZING THE SITE, ITS CONTENTS, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH IT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENTS, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH IT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE", WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. NEITHER GETTSORTED NOR ANY INDIVIDUAL ASSOCIATED WITH GETTSORTED GIVES ANY ASSURANCE OR DECLARATION REGARDING THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE.
THIS DOES NOT IMPACT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE LAWS.
Some user-generated content on the Site has been translated for your convenience using Amazon or Google's translation software. Efforts have been made to produce an accurate translation, but these automated translations are not perfect and are not meant to replace human translators. They are merely provided as a service to Site users and are given "as is".
No warranties, expressed or implied, are made regarding the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of these translations from English into any other language. Some user-generated content, such as images, videos, and Flash, may not be accurately translated or translated at all due to the limitations of the translation software.
Google denies all warranties related to the translations, including accuracy, reliability, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. The English version of the Site is the official text. Any discrepancies or differences in the translation are not binding and have no legal standing for compliance or enforcement purposes. If there are any questions about the accuracy of the information in the translated content, please consult the official English version of the content.